9.27.2010

This is one of the three things I like: Ina Garten, sweater weather and...

To me nothing is better in this world than laughing uncontrollably with another person. There is something so bonding about laughter, and I wish for it on a daily basis. I love when I come upon a random stranger who is laughing really, really hard, and I instantly start laughing equally as hard because, apparently, laughter is contagious.

I remember a few years back my family and I were at the airport, and as we were going up the escalator we passed this older couple coming down-- they were hysterical. Laughing so hard that the older gentleman was doubled over and his wife was trying to hold him up from falling. Tears streaming down their faces... how could you not laugh with them? And we did. My entire family was crying with laughter. The couple looked at us and reached out to grab our hands as they wiped away tears, understanding that we understood. I'll never know what they were laughing about, but it's one of my favorite memories.

This video below made me laugh pretty hard, it might do the same to you. This is the Swiss Finance Minister attempting to deliver a speech about spiced meat imports. The ridiculous bureaucratic word choices get to him only seconds into it. It's worth watching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That story...is now one of my favorite memories, too. You know I agree with you: all I have to do is think about a time where I laughed uncontrollably and I lose it. Especially with you.

Anonymous said...

I've caught people staring at me and smiling this year at school. That's kinda like the laughing story, right?