11.30.2010

I spy a bum groove.

Having survived the wonderful week of Thanksgiving (it really was great), I feel that I should say a few words about being thankful. I'm not one to make a sappy post, really-- so to start this off I'm going to list a few small things that make me want to explode:

1. Walking behind someone, trying to get around them, but they keep swerving in front of you... almost as if on purpose.
2. Listening to a great song while driving and the person in the passenger seat changes it before it finishes playing.
3. Discovering a bum groove on my bed, where someone sat.
4. Trying to pull apart the opening of a plastic produce bag at the grocery store.
5. Wind.
6. Static.
7. Gulping noises.
8. Hair on the bathroom floor.

Now really, only #3 will truly make me lose it. I guess I'm trying to make a point here-- and that is that all these things are so ridiculous, yet sometimes I treat them like it's the end of the world. I have a billion things to be thankful for. Here's a small list of great things:

1. Family that supports and loves me no matter what.
2. Friends who are literally angels.
3. An education.
4. Creativity.
5. Nature, oh my beautiful Mother Nature.
6. America.
7. My beliefs (see first link to the right).
8. Opportunities.

Sappy? Probably-- but 'tis the season.

Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

anna said...

#2 - Guilty.
And I agree with #6 and #8.

I also love your Thankful list. Those are good ones.

Anonymous said...

Sappy? No way. Creativity--I like this thought.

#1 on the explosion list. That's it--just want to explode...explode right on through them.

Jefe said...

#8 is my Achilles heal

Anonymous said...

I think you and I are the same person. All of your things that bug you are exactly what I hate. Except I don't have hair long enough to go on the bathroom floor and it's physically impossible for someone to sit on my bed. But still...