11.15.2010

Save the neck for me, Clark.

As much as I would love to push the "fast forward" button for this week and land on Saturday evening where I'll be in the happiest place on earth... alas, I cannot. Fast forwarding life only works when there's a real emergency, such as unexpectedly finding yourself at a Carrot-top comedy show, or getting stuck in an elevator with Kathy Griffin. Both scenarios are basically the same nightmare.

Speaking of dreams.. I feel it's time to officially record the most hilarious dream I've ever had about myself. Hold on to your hats, it's a doozy:

The whole neighborhood, including my entire family, was at church setting up fall displays for a "fall festivities night." My family decided to set up a table dedicated to the cornucopia. We were decorating when suddenly the room went quiet... in walked one of my best friends with a doll dressed as the devil. She set the doll on a table and exclaimed to all that it represented what fall means to her. Everyone was looking around at each other feeling fairly uneasy. I knew that I had to say something. I grabbed a chair, stood on it, and said loudly:
"Family, friends, and neighbors... I feel that I must address the situation. Satan is among us."

Thousands (and I mean thousands, possibly more) start clapping, cheering, and shouting my name. A neighbor of mine reached for my hand and told me I was a "leader and very brave."

The best part is that I woke up and I was perched up in bed with my hand raised in the air.

I know exactly what I did-- I pulled any random thoughts out of nothing to create a dream to glorify myself. Any plot was acceptable. I laughed and laughed about this for such a long time.

Oh dreams.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving next week. Utah-- I'm coming home.


8 comments:

The Neilson Family said...

Have so much fun at Disneyland! It is so magical this time of year!

Anonymous said...

You already know how I feel about this. You left me practically comatose on the floor in Target. If we lived in each other's dreams, we'd turn into bubbles.

Ellie said...

Love the movie reference....Rob hates that movie. Still can't understand why. It's a classic. Your dream was amazing. I'm laughing out loud.

laura said...

you're so weird. and i'm only saying this because i'm so bitter that you're going to disneyland without me. bbbbboooooo. but i'm still excited to see you on thanksgiving. xoxo

The Campbells said...

I am still laughing at your dream. You are too funny! Can't wait to see you next week. We wish we were going to Disneyland with you guys. So sad for us...: (

Anonymous said...

thousands of people applauding your accusation of satan. awesome.

Sarah said...

I feel like the girl with the satan doll must be mallory. I dont know why, I just have that hunch.

Today when i woke up I though sarcastically to myself "Welcome to another glamorous and sexy day in the life of Sarah Campbell." Really, it was my first thought.

Karli said...

i don't even know what to say