12.17.2010

Mountain Goats

Photo by National Geographic

Every time I see this picture I kind of don't believe it.

First of all, how did he get there? I mean really! Secondly, why? According to science (source: unimportant), a mountain goat's immune system relies on the salty minerals received from licking the rock face found only in the most rugged of mountain ranges. Look at what he is willing to do for survival! Amazing. I feel a metaphor coming on...

No, I'll spare you.

Ah, the weekend. Ah, Christmas break. This past week has been delightful for several reasons:
  1. No school/zero homework
  2. Much needed visits with family and friends
  3. Sleeping in an adult-sized bed
  4. Snow
  5. The Food Network and Cooking Channel
  6. Going on errands with my Mom-- we are the same person
Of course, since time seems to go faster than I would like it to, I will be back in Arizona in no time. My goal is to take this next semester like a mountain goat. Just do it. Get to that salt, lick it, and graduate.

Until then, you can find me in my stretchies, snapping my fingers to a real jazzy holiday beat.

Happy Friday!


3 comments:

Abby said...

I went shopping with my mom today and it was the best, just as you are Susan I am Karla. "stretchies"... love that word!

Anonymous said...

We need to watch Planet Earth together.

Stretchies! Squirrels.

Race you to the cliff.

Ashley and Ezra said...

You always put a smile on my face with your blogging! I hope you enjoy your holiday break... give Noah tons of kisses, and then get back to school and get er done!