1.22.2011

Handshakes: firm, dry, solid. 3 seconds

Beep-boop I realize I'm posting this on a Saturday when I foolishly declared that I'd only write on Fridays... but that's not going to happen.

As I write this I am also sitting in the breakfast nook of my little home in Arizona, watching the sunset go down, with the windows open! I'm still not used to warm winters. I'm sorry if I'm rubbing it in a bit for the Utah folk who read this... in the cold. I'm just trying to put out some incentives for you to come down and see me. Come on down.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite events from this past week that brought much anticipation for the weekend:

  • I taught a painting lesson and, obviously, did not want to get paint all over my nice pants--so I decided to wear an old pair. During class I overheard some boys saying "she's totally wearing mom jeans."
  • Yesterday, I'm in the middle of a lesson when out of nowhere a bat swooped in front of my face and then proceeded to fly around the room for 20 minutes. I remained pretty calm, I don't mind bats. Alfredo (the custodian) finally arrived and chased it into the office. This totally freaked me out because I keep all my things in the office. Out of instinct I shouted loudly "my food!!!" Apparently I'm more afraid of not being able to eat lunch than I am of a bat touching my face.
  • I went hiking and climbed up a rock just to jump off of it. I rolled my ankle when I landed, and I am so happy nobody was there to witness it.
Those are the highlights. Nothing too crazy, but I did laugh a lot this week.

Have a happy weekend.

6 comments:

Karli said...

amy i want to come stay with you and go on hikes. i miss you.
the part about the bat kills me!!

Jana Porter said...

beyond jealous of your warm winter, miss you friend hope all is well!

Connie Whitesides said...

I would love to perch on your shoulder for the winter. First, because it's warm. Second, because I'd love to hear you laugh at yourself.

Maybe I should come to visit...

Justin said...

That title itself made my night better. Well done Campbell.

Fine, it's settled. Karli and I will come visit. Even though it's warm.

Anonymous said...

I just read the pyramid that your title is from right before I read this. I don't watch that show, but love that I get it.

You know I can't react...especially to your jumping off the rock. Soon there's going to be no room in my heart left for anything but Amy.

The Neilson Family said...

This is too funny! Love the guys comments. I am sure you look great in anything! Thanks for making me laugh!