1.16.2010

Hello from Arizona

Woof.

The last few days have been exhausting in every way possible.

Moving out of my home and into a strange apartment located in a different state is hands down one of the hardest thing I've ever done--emotionally.

I think the same thing can be said for my dear parents who accompanied me down for a few days to help me settle in. I didn't make it easy for them when I would, at random, burst into tears in restaurants, department stores, the car, walking down a hall, or anywhere really. Oh Amy.

My parents truly are so wonderful. Not much more can be said on this subject without me shorting out my keyboard from drowning it in tears...so I will let it be. My parents are wonderful.

Most of my emotions have been spent on my separation from this goober:

We've spent 19 years side by side and now we are apart. It's hard--harder than I ever thought it could be.

But people have been so good to me, seriously. My older sister Laura is taking every possible step to make this transition as easy as possible and she's doing it all the way from San Francisco, what a gal!

A big gigantic shout out to my uncle Dave and aunt Stacey for being so great to me and for living within 20 minutes of my apartment. I'm lucky to have such a wonderful family close by.

When it comes down to it, I'm down here for a reason: grad school. I'm excited to get back to school, I've missed it. And really-- if anything, I'll have some super hilarious stories about my absentmindedness writing a $20,000 check (oh wait that one already happened), or probably some super funny stories about the students at ASU. They seem sweet but I think there is a lot of potential for blog postings.

I miss everyone who is reading this post and I love you dearly.

-Amy

12 comments:

anna said...

miss you... I even miss all your gluten free food complications.

Rosemary Campbell said...

I miss you, too. And I'm very excited for all the stories you're going to have.

Anonymous said...

A $20,000 check. That alone makes me miss you so much, and yes, more than I already do which may not make sense since we're already separated.

laura said...

so so proud of you amsters. i'm looking forward to some no-doubt hilarious blog postings. I miss you and will see you in a few weeks!!! xoxo

The Campbells said...

Miss you....Can't wait to hear all your stories...$20,000-really?
Love you, sweet Amy!

Eric and Lindsay said...

That is awesome you are going to school there! Good luck, you are going to do great!

Karli said...

Oh I am so excited for your future posts about the crazies you will meet. I hope you are liking Arizona. We all miss you tons!! Skype? yes.

Allison said...

Miss you a whole lot. That's all.

Emily said...

Oh miss you Amy! Ya how bout Karli, Anna, and I skype you? That would be THE best.

Ellie said...

Arizona is practically the best place on Earth. Especially during the winter. I am extremely jealous. I hope you have a great time down there. If you want any help with hilarious blog posts, I could introduce you to some old friends of mine....

Oh, and also, you are very lucky to be 20 minutes from the Dave and Stacy...they are part of the reason AZ is so great.

Ashley Blackburn said...

Oh Amy. You're growing up so fast. You will LOVE Arizona and being away from Utah on your own. It is so empowering and rejuvenating living on your own and completely relying you yourself. I'm looking forward to all your adventures of living in AZ!

courtney brooke said...

amy. i have been thinking of you lots. then it finally dawned on me to check your blog and see how you are doing. duh. i guess i could have also picked up my phone. anywho i am so jealous of you right now, i wish so badly i could move to a new city. except i know i too would be going through the same things you are. well goodness, i want to come visit!