2.07.2010

Arizona

Photo by Mike Tennant


This past weekend my lovely sisters made their way out of the cold and down to sunny AZ.

Some highlights: laying by the pool, shopping, Pita Jungle (sorry Ashley), visiting family, climbing Camelback, celebrating Anna's birthday (Happy 19th!), watching Modern Family, relishing in the sun, and just being with with Laura and Anna--they make life fun. I love you both!

So yeah, Arizona. I think I should speak some words on my new State of residence.

Here are the things I thus far appreciate about Arizona:

1. The Sun and It's healing qualities.
2. Pleasant smells (I'm pleased 98% of the time).
3. The sound of Coyotes at night.
4. All varieties of Cacti.
5. Clean air.
6. Aunt Stacey and Uncle Dave who are making this transition easier.
7. Scottsdale Fashion Center (sometimes I end up there without remembering leaving my apartment).
8. I've seen more than one Black person.
9. Enzo's Gelato Bar (flavor of choice: pistachio).
10. The University 1st Ward and the fact that everyone attempts to meet one another and doesn't pretend that church is high school. Finally!
11. Really neat sunsets.
12. ASU--for making me laugh at myself and others.
13. Well organize roads and nice big street signs.
14. And finally, the gentleman at McDonald's who gave me a free Diet Coke.

But please don't tell Utah, she's still my #1 and might get jealous.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A free diet coke and pleasant smells? I'm moving in with you. I'm sick of smelly neighbors.

Ashley Blackburn said...

I miss Arizona so badly. The sunsets there are AMAZING. I love how clean it is (in most areas) and I love the desert landscape. And the singles wards there are AWESOME! Amy if you could send me some Pita Jungle that would be great. :) Glad I can live vicariously through you.

laura said...

i miss you and arizona so much already. back in a few weeks? i think so....xoxo

anna said...

What I wouldn't give to be back on top of camelback with the two of you. That was the best, even if your knee would say otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Utah. Only good for the skiing and close temples. I'll be in the Gilbert area for the Mariners spring training in a few weeks. I hope you will feel my presence. Also, I like Arizona, for the few parts of it I've seen.

Colleen said...

Oh how I miss Pita Jungle....
I'm so glad you are loving AZ and my alma matter ASU :-)

Allison said...

Arizona sounds like a gem of a state. Can't wait to visit!