2.24.2010

Toolbag

Just about every day that I'm in class at least one of my instructors manages to spend a good deal of time wasting time. This video was shown yesterday during a discussion about making classroom content exciting and attention grabbing. Why this video was part of the curriculum-- I still don't know. There are so many things I could say about this...ugh, just watch:

*watch the first minute or two then skip to 13:30.

Notice his cummerbund and bow tie have numbers on them. Also, the random display of computers in the background so we know this is serious.

5 comments:

Justin said...

I got a C- in Mathamagics.

I usually tested well, but never really did my homework.

anna said...

so much running around.

he looks like one of the characters on mr. rogers... like lady elaine's nephew? I can't remember which one.

how exciting and fun.

Anonymous said...

Quite possibly the ultimate classroom/video experience I wish I could have experienced with you.
Poop.
I'm cross-eyed.

Karli said...

i watched this for a few minutes, but his voice and his quick movements around the stage made me sick.

Connie Whitesides said...

I could see some of my students turning into this man. I now see that I must stop them before they head down this path. What a great way to teach how irrelevant material is just as useless as being boring.