5.19.2010

AZ

It's been so nice coming home over my school break, believe me--much needed! Surprisingly though, I find myself missing my new home more than anticipated. I think I've especially become attached to the wildlife and the time I get to spend outside, I love it. My new goal is to finally have a face-to-face encounter with one of these guys:

His name is Javelina Pig, notorious for being sneaky and FAST. I almost saw one a few weeks ago but only managed to catch his shadow. I look forward to the day when I can post a photo of the two of us shaking hands and agreeing on something, probably how unnaturally blonde my eyebrows are becoming (ugh). Anyway, I'll get some good landscape painting in this summer, perhaps we'll meet then.

So basically I never thought I'd say this--but I kind of miss you Arizona.

3 comments:

Ashley and Ezra said...

Utah is way better that Arizona, so stop that! And I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your help in making my baby shower freakin awesome! The diaper cake is the cutest thing in the world... I might just use it as decoration in his room!

Anonymous said...

I can only hope that the stars align and that I find myself at the right place and the right time to take that very picture. Agreeing on something! Ohhh.

Ellie said...

1. Javelina's can be mean if you scare them.
2. If you come across a mom and babies you should run away because they are protective.
3. If they begin to charge, growl, or bark you should also run (i'm assuming it sounds like a dog bark, but I've only ever heard the growl).
4. They are a lot scarier in person than one might expect (this one's from personal experience).

This is the kind of thing they teach you in Arizona schools. Just thought I'd pass my knowledge along.

Oh...and I've only ever seen them near canals and on the preserves. Take a trip to Dave and Stacey's. Pretty much every time I go on a hike with Dave we see every bit of wildlife imaginable.