8.01.2009

I was just thinking...

It's ironic that in PARK City there is never any place to PARK.

I swear every time I go to Park City it is the struggle of my life. Yesterday I was in that beloved city with my friends celebrating a birthday and we had a great time but much of that time was spent turning corners in parking lots only to be confronted with signs saying in bolded red:

"ARTIST CONVENTION PARKING ONLY. IF YOU AREN'T AN ARTIST--AND WE'RE GUESSING YOU ARE NOT--THEN WE WON'T LET YOU PARK HERE BECAUSE WE ONLY GIVE PARKING TO PEOPLE WHO ARE ARTSY AND WEAR SCARVES IN THE SUMMER. OH BY THE WAY WE RESERVED EVERY PARKING LOT FROM HERE TO DEER VALLEY SO DEAL WITH IT.  ONE MORE THING, THE GUY IN THE ORANGE VEST MONITORING THE PARKING TAKES HIS JOB VERY SERIOUSLY AND WILL SHOOT YOU POINT BLANK IF NECESSARY."

My other favorite:

"$100,000,000.00 FINE IF YOU ARE CAUGHT PARKING IN PUBLIC PARKING WHERE THE PUBLIC IS ALLOWED TO PARK."

and this:

"30 SECOND PARKING ONLY."

Oh but I got them good, I did multiple illegal u-turns within the Park City boundaries...multiple.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really deserve something great for being the driver on this adventure to find parking. I think any one of the rest of us would've run one of the security guys over or just thrown those signs in the trunk. My favorite sign is the "30 second parking". So true.