8.24.2009

The times they are a changing.

Today was the first day of school for most college students (including this boogie) and the first day since I was 3 years old that I didn't have to go back to school.  So instead I woke up at 5 am for a spinning class.  5 am.  Anyone who knows me probably has figured out by now that I don't really acknowledge the day until about 10 am because any earlier and I'm a zombie.  

Spinning was hilarious/fun and I made a new group of friends:  Diane, Rose, Dave, Bill, Babs, and Jerry.  All over the age of 60 but young at heart.  We talked about our grandchildren, retirement, the absurdity of the Home Towne Buffet going out of business, and the cost of movies these days.  We have so much in common.  

The rest of my day was spent sweating over grad school applications which seem to be increasing in size rather than diminishing.  If someone finds me perched in a tree-- throwing ferbies at mailboxes and singing Backstreet Boys songs, don't be alarmed, I've only gone crazy.

So far I feel like I'm in a halfway house between school and school so...eh, I'll just spin my way on a stationary bike to the next level of excitement with my new gang:  The Retirementalities. 

4 comments:

The Campbells said...

Funny! I am glad you made a new group of friends. I am sure Babs and Jerry will be good work out buddies. You are so sweet to make me your little "person of the day." Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

The day in Columbus that a furbie hits my head and I hear a sweet boy band serenade, I'll know I've found somebody who's looking for a good time. And I'll wish it was you.

Sarah said...

I don't think its crazy to throw ferbies at all. Thats the only way mine would shut up.

Karli said...

oh amy i love this post so much.