10.05.2009

To my fans,

I have a few skeletons in my closet (don't worry Ma, nothing too scary). Anyway, I've decided to share one of my darker and more shameful secrets with my readers:

Aside from nouns, I don't know squat about Verbs, Adverbs, Adjectives, Pronouns, and anything else in that realm of grammar knowledge.  Sure I can pull a decent sentence together and definitely recognize grammatical errors, but if I am approached with one of those stupid activity papers with a silly paragraph that requires you to fill in blanks with an adjective, pronoun, etc. to make it fun and hilarious..I'll panic, I'll just freak out inside.

Who knows why I'm 23 and still cannot define these...what would you even call them?  Oh man. All I do know is that without truly understanding this subject I've managed to roll through elementary school, junior high/high school, college, and I'm on my way to graduate school.  So this either says something about our schooling system or that I'm secretly a genius.  I'll accept the latter.  

I'll be sure to buckle down and really understand all of this before I head off to grad school in a few months.  I have to.

Sincerely,

Amy


4 comments:

anna said...

i couldn't not agrees whith youus mhore.

Connie Whitesides said...

I will send you worksheets my 3rd graders use to practice these. I cannot guarantee success, they work on 9 year old brains- but they are young and pliable. You brain is old and crusty. But I will do my best to make up for the lack of grammatical education you received.
P.S.- I loved the message you sent me and I couldn't agree more. i look back on memories and can't help but to laugh out loud at a few...Skills USA, Bro. Hill, ghillies...just to name a few.

Anonymous said...

Amy...oh, Amy. I never knew. Please come see me in my office any time. Please.
The important things in life are:
#1 Church/Family/Friends
#2 Halloween
#3 Grammar

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem. My angry red - haired southern English teacher made sure I felt stupid last year because I didn't know it. Thanks for giving me hope for the future.