10.03.2009

Better with age

Last night I went to a BYU soccer game to watch a long time friend play in the match.  The game was fun despite the fact that I was in Provo...and it was 5 degrees.  However, I did manage to catch a couple of wonderful conversations between two old women.  These were my favorites:

Old Woman #1:  "What is that girl wearing?!"
Old Woman #2:  "Half of the girls here look like they're wearing garbage sacks."

O.W.#2:  "Where is that Mexican one from?" (referring to one of the Latino-looking players)
O.W. #1:  "He's from Brazil."

O.W. #2:  "It's crisp in the air."
O.W. #1:  "What'd you say? Did you say Christmas? What are you saying?"
O.W. #2: "Crisp."
O.W.#1: "Like potato crisps?"
O.W.#2: "What?"
O.W.#1: "Yes."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Us in 50 years. Or us like yesterday.

Sarah said...

you came to provo and didnt call me!? amy!

Karli said...

Where was I? I did not see these ladies, I wish I would have heard all of this!