5.14.2009

I read.

The past couple of books I read were fantastic and I want everyone to read them so I can have a book conversation with you.  Please read:


One Thousand White Woman by Jim Fergus
--If you like stories about Native Americans, independent women, and adventure/romance then you'll probably like it.  I loved it.  Thanks Mom for the suggestion!


















The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
--Kind of for teenagers but way cool.  Steps into the future a bit and places you in an America completely changed and a little dark; it also addresses the current economy and politics in a sneaky way.  I couldn't put it down, I was completely obsessed.  It would make a great movie.


















I'm currently reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.  I really like it so far particularly because the story follows a character who joins a traveling circus and if anyone knows me well they know that I'm constantly tempted to join the circus, way too much fun. 


3 comments:

Emily said...

oh good old paula dean. I remember one time on her show she put a spoon full of something in her mouth and said, "MMMHHHHMMM... that is so good to my pie hole!"

Mallory said...

I've been craving an Amy book suggestion. I have lots of books I want to read, but I need to add to it, so thank you. There's got to be a circus in Columbus, OH. I'm just saying...if you're wanting to join one and all. I'd bet that'd be a great place to go.

The Campbells said...

Thanks for the suggestions! By the way, I love the person of the day-I LOVE Paula Dean!