5.20.2009

Today made me laugh.

I have a story and then an issue:

Story: Today while peering out the third story window of the U of U art building, I and a few of my class mates happened to notice an old man driving his car along the big sidewalk in the middle of campus. In all the confusion of campus driving he must have made a wrong turn and assumed he was on a designated road but he wasn't, dead wrong. He made a left turn down some stairs, then proceeded across the lawn, and then disappeared around a corner and out of my life. This really did happen and I was laughing so hard while everyone else in the class seemed extremely concerned. I'm sure he's fine.

Issue: I like people, in fact I love people but I have an issue with the type that I like to call "fake black hair people." I don't know when or why dying hair black became popular...probably the summer of 2004 and because of American Idol, just a guess, but anyway it is a CRIME. If you don't have naturally black hair (which is easy to tell by the fair colored eyebrows) then just don't do it. I know one person who can pull off black hair and it's because she indeed has black hair: my sister Anna (congratulations!). Ugh...there seems to be a type that are drawn to this hair dying fiasco: body obsessed, overly confident 18-24 year old boys/men who, frankly, can't grow a pair (sorry). They can be found at gyms or tanning salons, usually accompanied by their equally lame haired twin girlfriend who likes booty shorts and blinged out everything. I've seen it too many times, please stop.

Word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't react to the driving down the stairs. Did he really think he had no other options? Like, "welp, I guess I have to drive down the stairs."