9.28.2009

Errands

The other day I made a quick trip to Target, the big one off of Fort Union. I couldn't find what I needed and so, as usual when I enter large stores, I became confused, scared and turned around. My first thought was to look for a Target helper, which means: look for someone in red. Apparently, in my mind, anybody--just anybody wearing red was a Target employee. With that thought in mind I had asked some random non-Target employee for help. This lady didn't inform me of my mistake so I managed to drag this poor woman all the way across the store away from her cart of things that I assumed was merchandise that needed shelving, it wasn't. She played her role well as fake employee. It took some time for me to put the puzzle pieces together but I finally did when I saw her again at the checkout line. All I can say is that it was awkward and out of awkwardness I tipped my imaginary hat at her in an attempt to apologize. She didn't get it, neither did I. Oh Amy.

4 comments:

Bryan said...

Oh, Amy...You are too funny!
-This is actually Amanda-I am too lazy to sign myself on.

Mallory said...

You are Susan and I love that. Not that I haven't been guilty of asking random people where things are in the store...so funny.
Please tip your imaginary hat whenever possible.

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin said...

I make the same mistake every time I'm at Wal Mart and I see a random elderly shopper in a blue vest.