6.17.2009

The gym

These days it seems that each time I go to the gym it is a more interesting experience than the last.  Here is a list of what I observe on a daily basis while at the gym:

1. Elderly women walking around leisurely-- in the nude-- in the locker room after swimming. 
2. Men with shorts so long that I'd consider them wide legged capris.  NOT attractive.
3. Men with shorts so short that I've mistaken them for underwear.  Also NOT attractive.
4. Women who come ready for the gym as if they were going on a date.  Ridiculous.
5. The embarrassing grunting noises of struggle coming from the weight room.
6. The smell.
7. Flirting between gym employees.
8. The nice Puerto Rican man with a mustache who takes out the garbage and gives me thumbs up at least 5 times every half hour.
9. Val Kilmer's woman twin.
10. My level of high anxiety when entering the weight room with a bunch of high school boys who think I'm also in high school...oh the shame.

THE GYM.

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

I nodded in agreement to every bullet.
Blech.
I hate the boys who work out in shirts sporting the likes of "I Love Haters."

Ashley and Ezra said...

I am laughing so hard right now... I couldnt agree with you more! Oh and dont forget the guy wearing 100% spandex, shooting up with steroids, pumping rediculous amounts of weights while checking himself out in the mirror... every gym has one of those dont they?