6.03.2009

Hey fizellas...


I'm kind of obsessed with being American and I'm extremely enchanted with the idea of having a good ol' American farm someday (during or after my years as an educator) actually--probably more of a hobby farm but a farm nonetheless. Let me tell you what's going to be on this farm of mine:
  • 2 cows
  • 4 goats
  • 8 or 10 chickens
  • A rooster or two
  • 3 pigs
  • 2 horses
  • cat
  • dog
  • probably a homeless guy living in my barn that I'll have no idea about.
  • maybe sheep
  • vegetables
  • herbs 
  • fruit
  • A ghost
Anyway, I'm pretty excited and honestly I think about it quite a bit.  This summer I'm spending a week on a farm in Maine and I hope to pick up a few tricks of the trade.  Oh but here's the thing, I won't let myself go...you know, as in unnecessary weight gain and not doing my hair.  I intend to look ridiculously good and run a farm, it can be done--just thought I'd throw that out there.

p.s. the book above is great if you like America, photography, people, and animals.

2 comments:

Laura N. said...

you and cort are two peas in a pod. he spends 23 hours out of the day thinking about his future farm. xoxo

The Neilson Family said...

I love that there will be a ghost! lol It sounds like it will be a fun farm! I am so glad you signed up!